Yes, meetings in business are important – they provide opportunity for the company and team to exchange ideas, talk about objectives, deliver new knowledge and information, or talk about team projects. However, how much time do you spend in in-person meetings? Are you finding some meetings unproductive? Is travel time to meetings taking up too much of your time?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, it might be time to consider alternative options. It’s not just your time to consider, but that of your team members and other employees as well. So – have you thought about going virtual?
Virtual meetings are growing in popularity because of their ease and efficiency for businesses. Most meetings can be held virtually, including those held between team members, training sessions, client updates, and sales presentations. The evolution of the web and the ability to hold virtual meetings means location is no longer an obstacle.
Here are some reasons to consider virtual meetings:
1. Online meetings are more cost effective compared to physical meetings (think of all the people you won’t have to pay for travel for!)
2. The service only requires a computer or mobile device with internet connection – you can be anywhere in the world.
3. You can involve your whole team, whether they are home, travelling, etc.
4. Virtual meetings allow sharing of information in real time with all participants.
5. Increased opportunities because people who would otherwise be unable to attend for whatever reason can dial in.
6. Increased productivity and efficiency, with business decisions being made faster and project targets being met.
Our Cathedral Boardroom has the technology to all for Virtual Meetings and allows for up to 50 people to join in on the meeting! Please contact us on 709-576-4349.
by Lindsay Matthews