A Virtual Assistant (VA) is an independent professional who is highly skilled in providing administrative business support services. Generally, a virtual assistant will appeal to business owners who need office assistance, but don’t have the space or have the need to hire someone in-house on a full-time basis. A Virtual Assistant provides owners with the flexibility and convenience they need and can tailor their services on a per project basis.
So, what are the benefits of hiring a Virtual Assistant?
- A VA can help to reduce labor costs – they are independent contractors, so there are no overhead costs such as taxes, vacation pay, sick days, employee benefits, etc.
- VA’s will work around your schedule and provide you with a dedicated service whenever YOU need it. You pay for the time spent on your project, and don’t have to worry about paying a full salary to an in-house assistant who may not have enough work to keep them busy all the time.
- A VA will take on those day to day tasks that NEED to get done, but that you just don’t have time for because you need to focus on growing your business.
- If you use a VA, you don’t have to pay agency fees for temporary employees.
- VA’s generally charge by the hour or will quote based on the project. So, you don’t need to worry about paying employees overtime. You can budget better knowing what the cost per project should be.
There are a variety of virtual assistants with a range of skills that could suit any business. Here are just a some of the day to day tasks they can help you with:
- Any word processing related projects
- Responding to emails and setting up email lists
- Create/upload blogs or email newsletters
- Calendar management
- Travel planning
- Data entry and database management
- Handle forwarded phone calls when you’re unavailable
- Write/distribute standard business communications
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Manage social media accounts
- Place orders for new supplies
- Handle vendors
At Business Portals, our dedicated Virtual Assistant is here to help relieve the stresses associated with those daunting administrative tasks, so that you can focus on what you do best – your business. For more information, please contact us on 709.576.4349 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.businessportals.ca.